Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Medical mayhem of the not-so-tragic kind

I picked up a few Rxs today... maybe I should've titled this blog, "Things that make you go hmmmmmm....."

My fertility pills are actually cancer treatments that warn not to take while pregnant because they're known to cause birth defects in human fetus(es). (Imagine hearing Scooby-esque "HUH??" here.)

I woke up unable to ignore the yuck that's slowly oozing from my eyes. The Rx for this says not to take while pregnant, so I held out till just a few minutes ago. One dose'll be ok, on the off chance, right? Antibiotics for the eyes, class C if I remember correctly - no proof either way on pregnant humans.

My pharmacy auto-filled an Rx (again!!! GRRRR) that I had transferred months ago. I let them know they are responsible for double-filling my Rx, that my Hubby unknowingly / unnecessarily shelled out $$ for something unneeded when picking up my son's meds last time, and that they need to cancel their auto-fill ASAP.

My last Rx was meant to induce my period. As luck would have it, I started spotting today... so I wonder if it's the same as during my first trimester with doodle, or if it's just my period, that started on its own. I'm placing my cash on the latter- I guess especially so (sigh), because of my current contra-indications. (Hopefully I used that term correctly! LOL)

Talk about luck, huh?

No comments: