This post was written 3/31/09...
Wow, nothing on wikipedia. Nothing at dictionary.com or even ask.com ... yet everyone has at least a general idea of what STS is. C'mon, no one's written a definition of it?? Wow! Maybe I need a better search engine.
Here's the closest I could find, and it's only example-esque, from someone's blog (I'm guessing):
http://www.geocities.com/csmeer/4-5-2000.html
"It has become apparent (at least to me) that Tammy has Short timers syndrome. In the last few shifts she has become focused on self preservation. Concentrating on not doing anything that would risk injury or anguish. which is incompatable with pulling your own weight..."
And it goes on to say, "I used to work for an Audio/Visual company in Cleveland whose policy on Quitting was: when you filed your two weeks notice you were thanked for your service and informed that your service was no longer needed. Instead of being marginally productive while at work for the last two weeks of your employment you had two weeks where you could come back and "un-quit"and beg for your re-instatement. but you were not going to be on their time while focusing on your future. I didn't like this when I filed my letter of resignation with them but I understand the logic behind it. Now."
Again, i contemplated whether to post this and how it may be received. But since things are "irrepairable" anyway, i'm not sure what difference it'll make ... or if there's any current/ continued interest in reading my blog. If so, i have to ask why.
johnboy made a comment this morning about how he envisioned things could/would be said about me. I replied that I'm not really worried about what people are told; they can judge everyone for our own merits and I'm confident of how I'll be viewed. It's a shame not everyone feels that way about themselves, but it's out of my control and never was in my control.
But I digress. My original point was, as Reinar said, when you know your time is short, what's there to stress about? LOL... Such a good point, all around! Even if there's no 0-100% knowing the future, experience has told and time will tell...
Things Eliza likes to do
-
Playing outside with the chickens...
Making music with her piano...
Riding in her wagon and playing with her phone...
And of course reading lots and...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment