Monday, March 23, 2009

Libra ... and/or just me

Supposedly, I'm the balancer. I see both sides of an argument, opposing opinions on the same topic. Supposedly I'm Reinar's "translator" to those who might not be used to His style or approach. I've been told I have a way with words and can get my point across without offending ... and also that I don't mince words. I've been told I'm straightforward but care enough so as not to hurt people's feelings...

Ha!

What do you do when you just want to blurt out what you're thinking and feeling, regardless of what other people want to hear or feel? How do you keep that in check, knowing you'll eventually regret at least some of what you say... or at the very least, you know that there's no way to scream logic into someone's consciousness...

And then again, who's to say that what I'd scream is any more logical than the nonsense they appear to be thinking, anyway? LOL

When all else fails, I trust my gut. My instinct. My intuition. That little voice that doesnt' often steer me wrong- and when it did, I could probably pinpoint a failure in my inner listening skills that led me down the wrong path, after all. It may not be the easiest thing to do- or at least not the path filled with the most instant gratification- but at least it keeps me true to myself.

It makes me wonder why others aren't so in touch with their own intuition, and how- if at all- I could improve my own tuning system so that I better recognize my intuition vs. a "paranoia" or passing thought not really based on anything. That's the real question, though: what is that "thing" that makes my passing thoughts really my intuition?

Man, if I could bottle that answer, I'd be a multi-millionaire, best selling author and world reknown public speaker! hahaha

1 comment:

lovelaughing said...

It takes more effort to remain silent than to speak you mind but sometimes silence is the right thing to do. However, if you feel the words need to be said to help a person grow or to help lead them throught a difficult time, speak them. Not everything that is good for us tastes good, does it? (also keep in mind no matter how much you beat the cow with the saddle on it, it's still a cow, not a race horse.) Are the words you desire to say, that you stress over, going to make a difference?

As for being a multi-millonaire, since you're better with writing eliquently than me, how about you give me a cut of what you make out of the book you write from this: Intuition, your ability to recognize it and temper your words around it is...life experience and self-awareness mixed with emotional intelligence. Not everyone, not many, have true emotional intelligence, that's the key to intuition and how you process that "gut feeling".