"At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed." Frederick Douglass
"Humor brings insight and tolerance. Irony brings a deeper and less friendly understanding." Agnes Repplier
"Irony is just honesty with the volume cranked up." George Saunders
"The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates." David Foster Wallace
Mother and daughter have been worried about me taking advantage and/or breaking his heart, without even knowing me or seeing much of me with him (if at all). In the end, my heart has been broken and my honesty has come back to bite me in the butt... and I suppose he wasn't the man I thought he was, for me.
I truly hope they find happiness and that they stop taking advantage of a good man, rather than continue to create misery and foster manipulation and emotional blackmail.
Things Eliza likes to do
-
Playing outside with the chickens...
Making music with her piano...
Riding in her wagon and playing with her phone...
And of course reading lots and...
13 years ago
6 comments:
hugs...........anything you need let me know hun
wont happen, all they want to do is destroy, be vengeful and spiteful.
they dont care about anyones happiness, because they live on guilt and in the past.
it sucks big rocks but in the end, the truth came out.
good luck to them on their journey, perhaps now they will stop the lying that is so embedded in their lives.
I am sorry for you hun...Hugs to you
OMG L, I am so sorry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do
He allows them to do what they do to him and he will continue that.
i'm so sorry for the pain you're feeling. It will ease with time. i love you.
Thanks all, for your kind words and support. They mean a lot to me.
I want to be clear that he's not "the bad guy" in this... he just couldn't live with the temporary solution I'd given him, and he didn't have any other potential solutions but to walk away.
And yes, A - he allows and will continue to allow them to take advantage of him. No matter how painful, there's nothing I can do to help him overcome that. He does it out of love and/or guilt, but doesn't realize that - if they loved him as much in return - they'd never ask so much of him or place such demands on him.
As the saying goes, "If you love something, set it free..."
Post a Comment