Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The "Get a Life!" factor

Funny- Reinar just posted on something that i was *just* thinking about: people following blogs that seem to have nothing to do with them. Evesdropping on others' lives, so to speak, because it seems they can't let go of something or because they don't have enough (fill in your own blank here) in their own lives.

What's the deal? If you've made no attempt to have pleasant personal interaction with someone in months, let alone ever, and there's very little possibility of that ever changing - why not just move on and get your own life, separate from the blogger's?

Are you keeping tabs because you think there may be something in there that'll effect you? I've done that, I admit. But I'm not sure it's really to my own benefit. I mean, there's a difference between following someone's blog because you think their writing is humorous, insightful, or otherwise positive for you... versus just snooping in on someone whose business is not yours and will have no positive effect on you.

So, of the blogs you follow, are there any you follow simply because - like a gruesome five car pile up on the freeway - you simply can't stop yourself from turning away, despite the carnage?

1 comment:

Reinar said...

i've cut back on the frivolous blogs, and things i used to follow, but never actually read, or did read but added nothing to my life.

my life is quite full enough, I dont need to make up stuff or follow things that truly dont affect me.