Friday, August 28, 2009

So excited

Today we're going in to meet Doodle's teacher. I'm SO excited! He even agreed to dress really nicely, so he can make a good impression on whomever she is, and he looks just adorable. :) My sister would be tickled too; he looks like he could be one of her employees, in khakis and a red golf shirt. My little preppy boy is even going to wear his new dark brown loafters. hehehe



We're taking two garbage bags full of "wish list" supplies to the teacher too: kleenex, ziplocs, dixie cups, etc. Mostly stuff we had around one house or another anyway, but I'm sure it'll be helpful.



I don't want to be one of those parents that monopolize the teacher's time, trying to get and give personal information about my child when this is just supposed to be a meet and greet event. And at the same time, I wonder if it would be helpful or appropriate to let her know of all Doodle's advanced skills. I'd hate for him to get bored if she approaches him as if he didn't know his letters or phonemes, etc... or for him to try pulling a fast one on her by underplaying his abilities! lol But at the same time, she'll have to do an evaluation anyway, so maybe I should just let her figure him out on her own.

It feels weird to tell Doodle that he's going to be in preschool... again. This experience is going to be so much different than his previous preschool (daycare), and especially from home school. I want to tell him that he'll be in kindergarten, especially since he'll be in class with kindergarteners... but that'd just end up badly because he'll be a kindergartner too, next year. But he could very well be working on first - or even second - grade curriculum this year, and he'll have an actual elementary school experience every day... so it's hard to call what he'll be doing "preschool."

In the end, no matter what we call it, I think - and hope! - that this will be a great adventure for Doodle and I'm completely excited to watch him grow and progress. I really hope he continues his love of learning, his curiosity and his desire for "academic" challenges!!

No comments: