Not all dentists, and not just dentists. One of my closest college friends is an endodontist and she's great. The endodontists who've done my two root canals, however- far from great.
Yesterday, after two weeks of delays and three rescheduled appointments, the current endo called me and said that there was nothing wrong with my root canal; the cracked tooth is causing my discomfort. Too bad she didnt' tell me *before* my expensive procedure that there was a possibility that it wouldn't stop the pain. Between the partial consultation and the repeated rescheduling, I was able to get a refund, at least.
Today I go back to the dentist. I'm seriously considering switching practices though. The last three times, I've left his office nearly- if not literally- in tears... all over this same tooth. And why is it that my appointments always take longer than an hour, if not almost THREE hours?
I used to actually enjoy going to the dentist. I had a positive sense of well being, almost pride, that I was taking good care of myself and being proactive for my future health. Now, mostly I feel masochistic and like I'm just handing over my credit card while bending over - all the while, still in pain.
Sigh.
Things Eliza likes to do
-
Playing outside with the chickens...
Making music with her piano...
Riding in her wagon and playing with her phone...
And of course reading lots and...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment